After an embarrassing trip to the mall at the insistence of my sweet husband -- yes, I had an ultrasound in the MALL -- it was quickly apparent even to us, the most deficient of first-time parents, that this was certainly no boy! This really was just peachy with us since it was mainly the not knowing that was giving Aaron heartburn. It sure was a surprise though.
Kerri gave us some great advice to have some OJ and a donut to get some baby movement going on. It sure worked and we got the shots we weren't able to get at the Doctor's on Wednesday. Even with all of the sugar, the tech still commented on what a "mellow" baby this was. Frankly the fact that she is mellow is a bigger surprise to us than the whole girl thing.
So I have to give props to the only three ladies in my life who stuck to their belief that this was indeed a girl: My genius sister Holly and cute friends Rachel and Andrea. Good job ladies!
We are actually quite excited since cousins coming on both sides of the family are also girls. This will probably make for an easier friendship, which is something I discovered Aaron was concerned about. But that only came out after the discovery that it was a girl. Aaron has the very best memories of his childhood with his cousins and this was so important to him. Who can blame him? He has some FABULOUS cousins!
Well, we gotta' go. We have MANY baby boy items to box up and move to the shed today! Then we we are going to Home Depot to buy a 4th shed for baby to live in. We figure we'll just put her in a rubbermaid bin labeled "baby" an stack her neatly with our other items. That should be easier than moving. We're not exactly famous for our willingness to uproot.
So here are the pics. Good luck telling what anything is. You'll probably just have to take our word for it.




5 comments:
I said it was a girl too. Oh-Actually I said it would be a damn weiner kid. I ALSO said I would bet it was a girl.
Awesome news, glad that all is well.
Aaron - little baby girls are awesome. I hope her first word is "Dah-dee" and you groom her to be the next Natalie Gulbis.
Kelz, you are still salty. That's awesome news, too...
WE LOVE BABY GIRLS!! YAHOO! And Aaron, did I or did I not specifically ask you to not post her, um, little hoo-haw? Gosh, I am slightly mortified. But she is darling and has Amy's little pouty lip. Bet she gets the ski jump nose, too.
You guys are officially dorky parents-to-be!!
So, how soon will you be hitting the pawn shops for tiny sets of golf clubs and a teeny 4 wheeler?
AND thank goodness for the Rubbermaid Co., without which ya'll wouldn't have your 3rd, 4th or 5th bedrooms!
SOOOOOOO excited for you I can hardly stand it. You have a baby growing in there! Holy Smokes! I thought it would never happen (ok not really) but hooooray!
Congrats on having a girl! We're excited for you guys!
Post a Comment